Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Salam Ramadhan

It’s been a while since the last time I was here. I almost lost interest in blog writing at some moment, more or less because my blog was flooded with irritating comments by some ill-behaved strangers. Anyway, I’m not planning to stop writing anytime soon. There’s this some kind of weird satisfaction that I get from writing stuff here. Now that I’m back, let’s carry on with life.
Talking about life, it has not been very pleasing lately. I thought I can handle an 830 am class, but turned out I was so wrong. It really is harder than I thought it’s going to be, not the subject, but the time period of the class itself. The weather is getting colder and it’s going to be an even bigger challenge to be there each time. I would not have taken this class if I was given a choice, but since it is required in order for me to become a “materials scientist and engineer” I guess I just have to cope with it. Just FYI, it’s as boring as Pesona Non Grata, if not worse.
On the bright side, I’ve finally decided what I want to do for my senior project. Well’ I don’t actually have a specific topic yet, but I managed to get an advisor and already discussed some possible topics, in the field of corrosion. Judging by the way things have been going so far, I’ll most probably end up studying localized corrosion of an amorphous coating, or something around that subject. I really hope that everything will be confirmed in black and white pretty soon. Wish me luck!
As usual, my entry won’t be valid without mentioning my beloved Gunners. I’m very happy with our performance in the last few weeks – five straight wins, including a 1-0 win in the Theatre of Dreams and two European wins. It’s even more satisfying considering that Henry is not back to his best yet. If I am to name the most influential player behind this good run, I would pick Lehmann. He’s been in lava-hot form lately, coming out with a number of breathtaking saves to keep us in the game. Well done Lehmann, and keep it coming.
The best thing of all, I’ve been having marvelous meals for “bukak pose” (I don’t like to use break fast, coz it sounds more like breakfast) this Ramadhan. It’s the tenth day of fasting today and we already had roti jala, karipap, begedil (aka degil), ayam bakar, ikan bakar, nasi lemak, mee bandung, air cincau, bancau dan sincau, and various lauk-pauk. I think the fact that I don’t like my classes so much this semester really make me looking forward to cooking. I came back from class, throw my schoolbag somewhere under my bed (actually not literally under the bed, coz there’s no space left there, full of boxes), perform Asar prayer, and start thinking of stuff to cook. Cooking has become my new hobby. I love it. Well, actually I love the eating part more, and since there’s no Warung Cik Kiah, Kedai Simpang, or anything of that kind here, I’m left with no choice.
Lastly, I hope it’s not too late to wish you guys “Ramadhan Mubarak.” May you all have a blessed Ramadhan.


Looking forward for my first ever very-own cek mek molek…

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger niccotynne said...

Cooking has become my new hobby <--Hahaha jgn caye..die bukannye masak pun..potong bawang+basuh pinggan+keje yg cikai2 je..aku yg masak kay!! ;)

Kedai Simpang <-- Don't mess with my kedai simpang la Bi!! Pukul kang!! X-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home